Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Problem "My" Versus "The Disciples of Christ"

I found this column interesting, because I think it once again shows forth the crux of the problem that we face as Catholics. Stephanie Salter aligns herself with the liberal end of the Catholic Church and distinguishes that Church as "My Catholic Church" over and against "The Disciples of Christ"--meaning those of us who believe in the sanctity of life. Bravo!!!!

Thank you, Stephanie for showing that there is the "gathering" of ego centered Catholics who focus on "My" as their operative word and then there are those who no less "ego centered" like "me" who strive to die to themselves and to be a student, a disciple of Jesus Christ. At least you don't put your group in that camp and I laud you for that!


Stephanie Salter: Remembering the greats of my Catholic Church