Thursday, January 24, 2002

Today is the birthday of some truly fascinating people---
Neil Diamond is 61 today. Many do not know that he wrote I'm a Believer...

I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else but not for me
Love was out to get me
That's the way it seemed
Disappointment haunted all my dreams
Then I saw her face
Now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind
I'm in love
I'm a believer
I couldn't leave her if I tried


Then there is Warren Zevon who is 55 today...

Jesus Mentioned
written by Warren Zevon 1982 Zevon Music (BMI)

I'm going down to Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee
I'm going down to Graceland
Thinking about the King
Remembering him sing
About those heavenly mansions
Jesus mentioned

Can't you just imagine
Digging up the King
Begging him to sing
About those heavenly mansions
Jesus mentioned

He went walking on the water
He went walking on the water
He went walking on the water
With his pills

Can't you just imagine
Digging up the King
Begging him to sing
About those heavenly mansions
Jesus mentioned


Then there is Doug Kershaw who is 60 something, Ernest Borgnine who is 85 and John Belushi who is dead!